There is nothing like the thrill of an open road, and this energy of freedom is precisely what makes thousands of South Carolina bikers take on this thrill for their transportation needs. With this excitement comes an increased risk of accident and injury or comprehensive damages to a bike, such as theft or vandalism.
In South Carolina, you are required by law to carry minimum liability amounts for your motorcycle insurance before you can ride on South Carolina roads. At Hill Insurance & Financial Services, we can help you design the best motorcycle insurance policy for your needs so that the only worry you have is where to celebrate your freedom.
Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in South Carolina
When you have a motorcycle in South Carolina, there are minimum requirements for insurance. That is to ensure that other drivers are covered if you are liable for an accident.
In this state, you must carry a minimum amount of bodily injury liability per person and bodily injury liability per accident. You also must have uninsured motorist coverage to help cover costs if you have an accident with a driver or other bike rider without insurance.
Additional Motorcycle Insurance Coverages
You can get as much or as little motorcycle insurance coverage as you need or want. Additional coverages are available.
- Comprehensive insurance: Covers you in the event of theft, fire, vandalism, falling objects, bad weather, or other problem happens to your bike that isn't collision-related.
- Collision insurance: This covers your costs, damages, and medical expenses in the event of an accident.
- Custom equipment: When you want parts installed on your bike that was not original parts when you bought it, you can make a claim for aftermarket custom equipment.
- OEM: When your bike has been in an accident and you are having it repaired, this coverage ensures you get new parts from an original manufacturer.
- Roadside assistance: The open road can be exciting until you run out of gas or have a flat tire. For those and any other roadside emergency, this coverage can help you out.
Get a Quote
When you are looking for motorcycle insurance, the many terms and options can feel overwhelming. At Hill Insurance & Financial Services, we can help you find the coverage that works best for you and your lifestyle. Call us for a quote today.